Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Dissector Portability

From: Chiru Reddy <chiru.0123456789@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 10:53:35 +0530

Brain,

I could get the answer

  1. If wireshark is compiled on a machine ...... If we place our dissector(.so) in
    /usr/local/lib/wireshark/plugins/1.0.0/.... it works straight away
  2. If wireshark for a machine came with distribution (Fedora) ,that does not have the above patch.In such case keep the .so file in /usr/lib/wireshark/plugins/1.0.0/......

Please let me know if iam not clear

Regards
Chiru