Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Dissector Portability

From: Brian Oleksa <oleksab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 09:19:31 -0500
Chiru

I am not sure I understand your question.

When I go out in the field... I carry my usb stick with me. On the stick I will have my .so file and .dll file (for windows and linux). As long as that machine has wireshark installed on it...I drop my file in place, start wireshark and see
my dissector working.

That machine now has wireshark and my dissector in place... there is no need to install wireshark again.

Not sure if this helps...if needed...can you collaborate some more..??

Thanks,
Brian

Chiru Reddy wrote:
Thanks Brain

But if they have the wireshark which came with distribution ,is there a way to plugin this dissector into that machine.so that they need not install wireshark again.

Regards
Chiru