Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] How to link external value_string between plugins

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 22:44:26 +0100
Hi,

On Windows, you can't.
Same problem hits epan/tfs.[ch] for plugins.

Sorry,
Jaap

Alex Lindberg wrote:
I have created two plugins and I need to share a value_string array between them.

In plug1.h I have defined

extern const value_string share_data_vals[];

In plug1.c there is the definition:

extern const value_string share-data_vals[] { etc....}

In plug2.h there is:

#include ../plug1/plug1.h

I have added in plug2/Makefile.nmake:

LINK_PLUGIN_WITH= (Standard Stuff) ../plug1/plug1.lib

When complied with VC2008EE, the result is a LNK2001 message - unresolved external symbol.

What am I missing? This works great under Linux with the necessary changes to Makefile.am

I don't wish/need to link with libwireshark.

Thanks.
Alex Lindberg