Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] 1.3.3 - "proto_register_field_array" crashes with type "FT_BYTES

From: "Tobias Erichsen" <t.erichsen@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2010 16:30:03 +0100
Hi everyone,

I have noticed that my dissector crashes Wireshark 1.3.3
when trying to register my array (proto_register_field_array)
which contains the following record:

	{
		&hf_rtp_midi_unknown_data,
		{
			"Unknown Data",
			"rtpmidi.unknown_data",
			FT_BYTES,
			BASE_HEX,
			NULL,
			0x7f,
			NULL, HFILL
		}
	},

The function "tmp_fld_check_assert" breaks in the default
switch in the check for DISSECTOR_ASSERT(hfinfo->strings == NULL);

Well - based on a comment from Jaap here in the list I had just
changed all of my fields from "" to NULL, but obviously at this
place it is not the right thing to do...

Any hints?

Best regards,
Tobias