Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 31774: /trunk/epan/dissectors/ /trun

From: didier <dgautheron@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 22:15:28 +0100
Hi,
Le mercredi 03 fᅵvrier 2010 ᅵ 09:45 +0100, Stig Bjᅵrlykke a ᅵcrit :
> On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 12:33 AM, Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > NDS's "Reassembled length" field is in generated code; the generator is tools/ncp2222.py.  I've updated that.
>
> We have some other dissectors with just "Reassembled length", the plan
> was to match this with the name of the data source.
>
> > Should the field names be "{proto}.reassembled.length", or "{proto}.reassembled_length"?  Do we expect to have other fields with information associated with the reassembly?
A 'Reassembled by' field would be helpful when a PDU isn't fully
reassembled.

It's an issue when a heuristic dissector wrongly grab a conversation,
often it finds a big PDU length and there's no easy way to know which
dissector is the culprit.

Didier