Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Bug 3871 (Please include source for User's Guide in distribu

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 14:30:55 -0500
Balint Reczey wrote:
Hi,

I would like to bring some attention to the mentioned bug [1].

The problem has been reported as a wishlist item several times to the Debian BTS. Probably other distributions would be happy, too, to be able package the documentation for Wireshark in an easy way.

Since the bug did not receive any comment and I'm not able to fix it on my own, I would like to ask you to comment on the problem, and if no one objects, have the documentation included in the distributed sources.

This change makes sense to me; are there any objections?

Quick-n-easy (but dirty) fix is to add all the relevant docbook files to EXTRA_DIST in *toplevel* Makefile.am .

A longer term fix would be to use automake in the docbook directory--this has been started but not finished[1].

[1] http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/viewvc/trunk/docbook/Makefile.auto.am