Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] RTP-MIDI and AppleMIDI dissectors

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2010 22:30:19 +0100
Hi,

I've looked at your code and looks close being ready for inclusion.
Here some steps to take:
- Convert to build in dissectors, there's no reason not to.
- Remove calls to check_col()
- In the header fields change the "" blubs by NULL
- You could look into the expert info system for error reporting.
- The occasional // style comment has to go
- some proto_tree_add_text() calls could be proto_tree_add_item() calls
- last parameter of proto_tree_add_item() is a gboolean, so either TRUE of FALSE
- Fuzztest them.
- And finally, add them to an enhancement bug.
- Protocol pages on the Wiki would be welcome documentation as well.

Thanks,
Jaap

Tobias Erichsen wrote:
Hi Jaap,

like I wrote in my earlier mail, I will be converting the AppleMIDI
dissector to be builtin in the next couple of days.

As the RTP-MIDI plugin is still work in progress (works perfectly
already for standard-MIDI-data, but like I wrote does not fully
decode more esoteric MIDI-message in all depths), I would prefer
to keep that as plugin for the next time - would that be ok with
the project?

I will also fuzztest the plugins, have not done that yet.

It would still be good if some of you guys who have done more work
for Wireshark might take a small look at the code if that is in
good shape for inclusion otherwise.

Best regards,
Tobias

-----Urspr�ngliche Nachricht-----