Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Not able to lauch the Wireshark in windows Xp

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 02:37:08 -0800
On Jan 29, 2010, at 2:25 AM, Jayapal Reddy (jayaredd) wrote:

> I installed and followed the steps  given at http://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsdg_html_chunked/ChSetupWin32.html.
> The same steps followed at Nov 2009, it worked fine .. but showing problem now.
>
> I changed one file i.e  packet-wimaxasncp.c in plugins folder. And tried to build and run
>
> While building I got the below error along with an error message box of Tshark, after closing the message box it ran successfully.
>
> *********
> Unhandled exception ("proto.c:4237: failed assertion "hfinfo->display == BASE_N
> NE"", group=1, code=4)

> These errors doesn't appear when I simply compile Wireshark without any
> modification.

The problem is with your modification.

> Please help me how to resolve this.

Fix your change to packet-wimaxasncp.c so that it does not declare a field of a non-numeric type with a BASE_ value other than BASE_NONE - BASE_HEX, BASE_DEC, etc. are *only* supposed to be used for fields of type FT_INT{8,16,24,32,64} or FT_UINT{8,16,24,32,64}.

We didn't check for that back in November 2009; now we do.