Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Not able to lauch the Wireshark in windows Xp

From: "Jayapal Reddy (jayaredd)" <jayaredd@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 15:55:11 +0530

Hi All,

I installed and followed the steps  given at http://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsdg_html_chunked/ChSetupWin32.html.

The same steps followed at Nov 2009, it worked fine .. but showing problem now.

I changed one file i.e  packet-wimaxasncp.c in plugins folder. And tried to build and run

While building I got the below error along with an error message box of Tshark, after closing the message box it ran successfully.

*********

Unhandled exception ("proto.c:4237: failed assertion "hfinfo->display == BASE_N

NE"", group=1, code=4)

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

**********

Finally wireshark.exe is built and  when I ran this exe file, the following run time error came

*********
Runtime Error!

Program: C:\wireshark\wireshark-gtk2\wireshark.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information

These errors doesn't appear when I simply compile Wireshark without any
modification.

Please help me how to resolve this.

-Jayapal