Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] An iSCSI expert system for wireshark

From: Richard Sharpe <realrichardsharpe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 20:04:07 -0800
On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 7:53 PM, jimmy wang <jimmy.tianjin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Yes,  I'm working on iSCSI protocol test tool now.

One of the things that would be useful is an extension to your tool
that provides performance data in the form of graphs or tables showing
you:

- Read throughput for each LUN
- Write throughput for each LUN
- Latency
- Etc

Graphs can be very useful because they can help pinpoint dips in
throughput and so forth. Ie. if you are not sending enough R2Ts or
there are long delays between the initiator sending immediate data and
the first R2T being received from the target, and so forth.
--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe