Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] An iSCSI expert system for wireshark

From: jimmy wang <jimmy.tianjin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 11:59:37 +0800
We did use the expert_add_info_format in our expert info system. It is a excellent function obviously. But because we need to add some private information to use later in expert_info_t structure, for avoiding to modify your expert_info_t struct, we add a new scsiexpert_expertdata_info_t structure as follows and wrote a new function iscsiexpert_add_info_to_analyzer_tap:

typedef struct iscsiexpert_expertdata_info_s {
    guint32     packet_num;
    int         group;
    int         severity;
    gchar   *   protocol;
    gchar   *   summary;
    proto_item *pitem;
    gboolean    direction;
    guint8      opcode;
    iscsiexpert_session_t * conn;
} iscsiexpert_expertdata_info_t;

Obviously, it is from your expert_info_t structure.
Could you add the private data pointer in your expert_info_t structure? Such as:

typedef struct expert_info_s {
    guint32 packet_num;
    int group;
    int severity;
    gchar * protocol;
    gchar * summary;
    proto_item *pitem;
    gpointer priv_data;
} expert_info_t;

So, we can modify our code to use your expert_info_t struct.
Thanks for your reply again.