Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-users] Bitmask fields and bits view

From: Jakub Zawadzki <darkjames@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 16:34:07 +0100
On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 12:40:47PM +0100, Stig Bj?rlykke wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 12:25 PM, Jakub Zawadzki
> <darkjames@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > When I switch view from 'hex view' to 'bits view' and select some item
> > in tree which has bitmask value.
> >
> > Then in view all bits are selected (instead of these which match bitmask)
>
> Hi, this is work in progress.  My intend is to select the correct
> number of bits, but this is not implemented yet.

I have it almost ready, with one BIG problem:
in finfo->hfinfo->bitmask bitmask is stored in system endianess.

And when adding items, user can specify what endianess protocol is using.
This information is unfortunetly not stored in field_info - we don't
know which bits should be highlighted.

I was thinking to use finfo->value to check if it's be/le, but it's
quite complicated, and I'd like to do it in easier way.

It'd be best if we store information about endianess in field_info, ok?
Or did I missed something?

(I've set reply-to: wireshark-dev)