Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] how to submit code to wireshark..??

From: "Maynard, Chris" <Christopher.Maynard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 17:27:36 -0500
Or like I said before ...
http://www.wireshark.org/lists/wireshark-dev/201001/msg00106.html
- Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: wireshark-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:wireshark-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jaap Keuter
Sent: Tuesday, January 19, 2010 5:21 PM
To: Developer support list for Wireshark
Subject: Re: [Wireshark-dev] how to submit code to wireshark..??

Hi Brian,

Sure it's possible to have them included. How do you think we got most
of our
code ;)

First of all we're very critical of code quality. For regular dissectors
we very
much like the code to adhere to the guidelines set out in
README.developer.
For generated (from ASN.1) dissectors we'll need proper conformance
files etc.

Then we need the code to be fuzz tested. That usually shakes out the
most
obvious bugs.

Additional dissectors are to be submitted through enhancement bugs in
bugzilla.
That way it won't get lost and can be reviewed and discussed when time
permits.
Mind you this means free time for the core developers, which sometimes
is in
short supply.

Further stuff is written in doc/README.developer, the Wiresrhark
Developers
Guide and the Wiki.

Thanks,
Jaap