Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] read error: PacketReceivePacket failed

From: Ian Schorr <ian.schorr@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 09:23:21 +1100
Why the "please report this to the wireshark developers" message then?

On 16/01/2010, at 8:59 AM, Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Jan 14, 2010, at 12:51 PM, Ing. Rodrigo Castro wrote:

Hi all. I am getting the following error:

"
Error while capturing packets: read error: PacketReceivePacket failed
Please report this to the Wireshark developers.
(This is not a crash; please do not report it as such.)
"

That's an error in WinPcap; you should probably ask the WinPcap developers about it:

   http://www.winpcap.org/contact.htm

or perhaps Gianluca will respond here.