Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] How to determine if Wireshark is x86 or x64

From: Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 12:25:09 -0800
You should be able to do something like the following:

  - Find out where Wireshark is installed via
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\
      App Paths\wireshark.exe

  - Run GetBinaryType on the result.

Note that "App Paths" is one of the registry keys affected by WOW64
redirection so different versions of Windows might add a thoroughly fun
and enjoyable technical challenge to this.