Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] pinfo->fd->flags.visited and NFS

From: Ian Schorr <ian.schorr@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 17:37:04 +1100
Hi Didier,

On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 4:54 PM, didier <dgautheron@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
> The whole file is first dissected sequentially with
> pinfo->fd->flags.visited set to FALSE.
>
> The most common error for what you're seeing is that the code is inside
> a if (tree) block, with the new packet list tree is null when loading a
> file, before it was null only with colors disable.
>
> You can test if it's the case by setting a filter like 'frame' and
> reloading the file with CTRL R.

You're right - if I first open the capture, filter (with "frame") and
then reload, then looks like the flag is FALSE and the code block is
executed.

This function itself never tests "if <tree or subtree>", and so far I
haven't found a situation where any of its parent functions in the
stack do this.  There's so little difference between what NFSv3 and
NFSv4 dissecting is doing at this point, it seems unusual.  But I'll
keep looking.  Thanks for the tip.

I'm still not clear on why your example is a problem though - what's
the logic error in doing this test during an "if (tree)" block?

Thanks,
Ian