Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Installing wireshark on Windows

From: Bill Meier <wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 11:32:45 -0500
Bill Meier wrote:
Varun Gupta wrote:
Hi All,

I am trying to build wireshark(0.99.8) for windows. There are a number of libraries that I need to download on my windows XP machine to built it.
I am facing problem downloading these libraries one by one. I am unable to find these libraries on the internet. I am also thinking to renaming the libraries name if I do not find the right version, would it be right step?

List of libraries:

glib-2.14.3.zip
glib-dev-2.14.3.zip
glib-2.12.13.zip
glib-dev-2.12.13.zip
glib-2.2.3-20040116.zip
glib-dev-2.2.3-20040116.zip
gtk+-1.3.0-20030717.zip
gtk+-dev-1.3.0-20030115.zip
libiconv-1.9.1.bin.woe32.zip
gettext-0.14.5.zip
kfw-2.5.zip
WpdPack_3_1.zip
AirPcap_Devpack_1_0_0_594.zip
adns-1.0-win32-05.zip
pcre-6.4-bin.zip
zlib123.zip
lua5_1_dll.zip
gnutls-1.6.1-1.zip
libsmi-0.4.5.zip
Is there any resource were all of them could be found together.
Any help would be appreciated.

The obvious question: why try to build that old a version of Wireshark ?

Also: Please see http://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsdg_html_chunked/ChSetupWin32.html

for information on how to build Windows Wireshark (independent of the version you want).

The correct libraries are downloaded from the Wireshark site as part of the process.

There's absolutely no need to obtain libraries "one by one".