Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] plugins and C++

From: "Lidwa, Eric (GSFC-582.0)[SGT INC]" <eric.lidwa-1@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 12:59:56 -0600

Good afternoon,

I have written several dissectors so far, one for AOS (Space Data Link Protocol) and two for different versions of DEM (Data Exchange Message). The dissectors were implemented as plugins.

I am now implementing dissectors for the payload part of one of the protocols. Without going into details, if I could call or even compile some existing C++ code into my dissector it would make my life a lot easier.

So here is a question, has anybody been able to write a plugin dissector in C++? I thought I ask before diving into hacking the makefiles. One thing to mention is that I do not care for multi platform support as long as “my” Wireshark runs on the particular real time linux I am using.

Regards,

Eric Lidwa

NASA,GSFC Greenbelt, MD