Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] How can I use preferences from other dissectors?

From: Stephen Fisher <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 16:39:24 -0700

On Jan 8, 2010, at 2:47 PM, Alex Lindberg wrote:

I am building a heuristic dissector that shares a common tcp port used by other dissectors. This same port is used in my dissector and thus must be checked as part of the heuristic testing. This port can be changed in other modules. Is there a method to read the configuration data from another module into my dissector?

Are you trying to always match the configured port for another dissector, even if it is changed at run-time?

Steve