Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Security issue being reported by the Secunia PSI scanner.

From: Richard Brooks <richardbuk@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 21:47:24 -0000

Non commercial Secunia PSI scanner download from http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/personal. Screenshot shown below.

WiresharkVersionInfo.jpg

Regards

Richard

<RichardBUK@xxxxxxx>

-----Original Message-----
From: wireshark-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wireshark-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bill Meier
Sent: 06 January 2010 21:21
To: Developer support list for Wireshark
Subject: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Security issue being reported by the Secunia PSI scanner.

Richard Brooks wrote:

> A security issue is being reported by the 'Secunia PSI' vulnerability

> scanner (free non-commercial download available at their website).

> The vulnerability is located in  'C:\Program

> Files\Wireshark\libgdk-win32-2.0-0.dll' which is part of GTK2+.

> Are there any plans to code this issue out of the Wireshark installer with a

> later version of the GTK+ library?

Windows Wireshark releases stay reasonably current with GTK/Glib versions.

So:

1. Please provide the details as to the version of Wireshark and the

various libraries you are using (Wireshark ! Help ! About).

2. Can you provide a bit more detail as to the specific Secunia Advisory

ID being reported.

A quick look at the Secunia database didn't show any advisories for libgdk.