Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Security issue being reported by the Secunia PSI scanner.

From: Bill Meier <wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2010 16:21:22 -0500
Richard Brooks wrote:
A security issue is being reported by the 'Secunia PSI' vulnerability
scanner (free non-commercial download available at their website).

The vulnerability is located in  'C:\Program
Files\Wireshark\libgdk-win32-2.0-0.dll' which is part of GTK2+.

Are there any plans to code this issue out of the Wireshark installer with a
later version of the GTK+ library?

Windows Wireshark releases stay reasonably current with GTK/Glib versions.

So:

1. Please provide the details as to the version of Wireshark and the various libraries you are using (Wireshark ! Help ! About).

2. Can you provide a bit more detail as to the specific Secunia Advisory ID being reported.

A quick look at the Secunia database didn't show any advisories for libgdk.