Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Wireshark highlighting wrong packet bytes in live capture

From: "Jeremy O'Brien" <obrien654j@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 13:46:11 -0500
Hello,

I've written my own dissector, and it works perfectly fine while
dissecting dump files. I noticed today however, during a live capture,
that wireshark is dissecting the packet correctly (displaying the
correct values in the dissection tree), but when I click on these
values, it is highlighting the wrong bytes in the bottom pane. I'm not
even sure how this is possible if wireshark is clearly dissecting the
correct values in the middle view. While on the same capture file, if
I stop the capture, wireshark begins highlighting the correct values
just fine. Is this a known issue or is this a result of my own
dissector? And if so, does anyone have any ideas about what I might be
doing incorrectly?

Thank you,
Jeremy