Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] USB dissection

Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 09:15:44 -0500
On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 08:39:31AM -0500, Maynard, Chris wrote:
> Maybe doc/README.heuristic will help?

Thanks, I had a look through that documentation and it doesn't quite seem right. There
isn't really any heuristics in deciding which USB dissector applies to a given packet,
it's just that there are identifiers in a different layer. It's as if there's
a UDP protocol that only applies from host A to host B, which is on the IP layer. With
tcp/ip, udp can access IP layer source and destination , but I don't think usb.bulk
can access the usb vendor IDs. Or can it?

Paul