Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] USB dissection

From: "Maynard, Chris" <Christopher.Maynard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 08:39:31 -0500
Maybe doc/README.heuristic will help?
- Chris

________________________________

From: wireshark-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sun 12/13/2009 2:15 AM
To: wireshark-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Wireshark-dev] USB dissection

Hi,

I'm new to wireshark dissectors and am writing a USB dissector that is working quite well.
However, it's working because it's the only device on the chosen bus. What I'd like to
do is activate my dissector for a given vendor id/product id. At the moment my dissector
is a child of usb.bulk which doesn't contain USB descriptors. Since there aren't that many
examples of USB dissectors, could anyone explain how I do this?

Thanks,

Paul