Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] IPv6 Conversations and Endpoints

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 19:24:55 -0800
On Dec 10, 2009, at 9:52 AM, Clif Bratcher wrote:

> I've opened the following bugs (patches included in bugzilla) to allow IPv6 node visibility in the Conversations and Endpoints windows.
>
> 4317 - IPv6 dissector tap hook
> 4313 - IPv6 tab in Conversations window
> 4318 - IPv6 tab in Endpoints window
>
> This little feature has made monitoring IPv6 node activity much easier.  Hope they're useful to someone else too!

Thanks.  All your changes have been checked in.

I added to TShark a conv,ipv6 statistic, using your tap hook, and updated the Wireshark and TShark man pages to mention conv,ipv6.

Is there any reason not to have the IPv6 tap provide a structure similar to what the IPv4 tap provides, with full address structures in it?