Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] radius dictionary -> segfault

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 17:39:56 -0800
On Dec 9, 2009, at 5:13 PM, Mihaly Zachar wrote:

> Maybe this is not a proper forum to post messages like this, but I have a problem with WS.

The right mailing list would be wireshark-users, rather than wireshark-dev - wireshark-dev is for people modifying the Wireshark code or adding new code; I'll redirect it there.

> I'm using Ubuntu Jaunty and it has a WS version 1.2.2 and unfortunately when I put my dictionary file to the radius dictionary

You say "put my dictionary file to the radius dictionary" - do you mean that you edited an existing file in the radius directory, adding those entries to it, or do you mean you put your file into the radius directory?

If you edited an existing file, what was the contents of the file in question after you did that?

If you put your file into the radius directory, what name did you give the file?  If it wasn't just "dictionary", did you edit the "dictionary" file to include your file with a $INCLUDE statement?

> it crashes with SIG11 unfortunately.

Do you have a stack trace from the crash?

Presumably, if you read your sample packet with the dictionary entries from your file, Wireshark crashes, and if you read it without the dictionary entries from your file, it doesn't crash, right?