Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Dissector development- Problem with Conversation

From: Sumit Kalsait <SKalsait@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 10:03:52 +0100

Hello Everybody

In last days I was developing wireshark dissector for our protocol. for that reason In my dissector i used the conversation methods. as described in README.developer. Normally it register conversation like below.

A= Master, B= Slave

A -------> B ( Master to slave)
B <------- A ( Slave to Master)

as 1 converation. as per wireshark standard. and I can associate next or consecutive packet (with A and B address) with this conversatin.

In my case We have listener module for our protocol so it see above conversation and gives packets to my Engineering PC so that I capture in wireshark
C= Listner
D ------> C   (same like. Master to slave)
E <------ C   (same like. Slave to Master)

same conversation as described above(1 st conversation). Listner picks up same packets only changes address.
(for example D----> c is nothing but A---->B [Master to slave] and E <----- C is B <------- A  [Slave to Master])

And right now I want my dissector shold response in same way as above. So i can associate next or consecutive packets to this conversation
(I dont want to have D-------> C and E <-------C as 2 different conversation)

But How I can register listner module conversation ???  When I use my normal A-B and B to A it register as 1 conversation. but in case of listner i see my conversation registration is quite different. how could be this problem handled.

Thanks in advance

Many Thanks and Best Regards
Sumit

Sumit Kalsait
PHOENIX CONTACT ELECTRONICS GmbH
Business Unit Automation Systems
Research & Development Department
Dringenauer Straße 30
D-31812 Bad Pyrmont, Germany
Web:
http://www.automation.phoenixcontact.com

PHOENIX CONTACT ELECTRONICS GmbH

Sitz der Gesellschaft
/ registered office of the company: 31812 Bad Pyrmont
USt-Id-Nr.: DE811742156
Amtsgericht Hannover
HRB 100528 / district court Hannover HRB 100528

Geschäftsführer
/ Executive Board:
Klaus Eisert
Roland Bent

Dr. Martin Heubeck
Diese E-Mail enthält vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschützte Informationen. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und vernichten Sie diese Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren, jegliche anderweitige Verwendung sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail ist nicht gestattet.
This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure, distribution or other use of the material or parts thereof is strictly forbidden.