Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Capture / decode 'CAN' messages ?

From: Stephen Fisher <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 00:35:49 -0700

On Dec 8, 2009, at 12:27 AM, Speck Michael EHWG AVL/GAE wrote:

Hi Felix,

thanks for that. It's a first step into decoding CAN messages with
Wireshark. I look forward seeing that as a regular feature in some
future release of Wireshark.

I'll try to have a look at it during the weekend.

I just committed Felix's patch (minus the ARP protocol changes - see the bug for more details) as SVN revision 31196 for inclusion in the next 1.3.x development release and the next stable release in the future (2.0 according to http://wiki.wireshark.org/Development/ReleaseNumbers) . You can try it out by compiling from source or with an automated build available within a few hours at http://www.wireshark.org/download/automated/

Steve