Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] reading from named pipes on OSX?

From: Stephen Fisher <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 23:47:56 -0700

On Dec 7, 2009, at 10:17 PM, Aaron Turner wrote:

Running OS X 10.6.2.    Wireshark from DarwinPorts.

I just tried the 1.2.2 Wireshark pre-compiled Intel binary which seems
to work fine...  I wonder if it's something DarwinPorts is doing???

My theory right now is that it has something to do with being compiled on MacOS 10.6. The pre-compiled binary from the web-site says it is compiled on a Leopard (10.5) machine. My machine is also 10.5. I even downloaded the source code for 1.2.4 and compiled it just now and it works also. The DarwinPorts site doesn't list any patch files to Wireshark that could affect how it behaves, so I don't think that is the issue.

Could someone running 10.6 test this?

Steve