Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] In which release was 6LoWPAN dissector added?

Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 13:30:48 -0500
Thanks for your input!  I am inspired.  ;)

I just figured out, if I tweak the other plugins slightly then they should work fine with both branches.  Then all I have to document is "if you get a message about duplicate 6LoWPAN protocols, just delete the 6lowpan.dll plugin".

I will also recommend against installing 1.3.x releases, however if the 6lowpan dissector is added someday to a future "stable" release then we will be ready for it.

(I realize I could also rename our 6lowpan protocol so there is no name clash, but I think it's better to keep it so we get a warning if/when the builtin dissector ever shows up.)

Thanks again.
b.