Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Problem with older plugin

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 00:30:25 -0800

On Dec 7, 2009, at 12:20 AM, Piotr.Ploch@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

I've been using older plugin wrote by someone with version 0.99.7 or so, it worked well with wireshark 1.0.6. But unfortunately version 1.2.4 doesn't decode it. I tried to look on mailing list what may be the problem, but didn't found the answer. If someone could tell me i would be really grateful.

Have you recompiled the plugin with Wireshark 1.2.4? There is no guarantee that a plugin built for one major version of Wireshark will work with another major version without recompiling.