Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Question about diameter protocol

From: naga deepthi <ursdeepthi@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 12:13:55 +0530

Hello Everyone,

I am using wireshark-1.0.8 version. I need to do a small enhancement on top of wireshark. I need to have two dictionary files (dictionary.xml and dictionary1.xml) which should get parsed based on version value (a preference setting). I have added a preference called version under edit à preferences à protocols à diameter à version. Please find the attached screen shot. The code changes I did to add this preference are:

guint32 version; //global

//As part of the function void proto_register_diameter(void)

module_t *evd_module1;

evd__module1 = prefs_register_protocol(proto_diameter,NULL);

prefs_register_uint_preference(evd_module1,"version",

                        "Version","Version",10,&version);

The requirement here is:

When Version is 1 dictionary.xml shoud get parsed and

When Version is other than 1 dictionary1.xml should get parsed.

The check which I put in packet-diameter.c file is

//As part of function extern int dictionary_load(void)

if ( version == 1 )

     d = ddict_scan(dir, "dictionary.xml", do_debug_parser);

else

d = ddict_scan(dir, "dictionary1.xml", do_debug_parser);

but there in no change in parsing of dictionary.xml for different values of version. What ever is the initial version value, based on that corresponding .xml is getting parsed.

Please let me know what additional code changes are required or anything wrong with my code. Appreciate your kind help in this regard.

Thanks,

NagaDeepthi