Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] including a wireshark view in propietary software

From: Stephen Fisher <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 17:16:16 -0700

On Dec 2, 2009, at 5:03 PM, Joshua (Shiwei) Zhao wrote:

I'm curious on another case: if they don't want to release all their
source code, but they are not selling. They only pass it to partners
for free.

This may answer your question:

Is making and using multiple copies within one organization or company “distribution”?

  http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#InternalDistribution

Steve