Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] wireshark GUI vs tshark

From: Brian Oleksa <oleksab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 12:02:17 -0500
Chris

I have attached the error this time....sorry about that. :-)

I get this error when I run with tshark using the following command:

tshark -nr test.pcap ip.dst==x.x.x.x
But when I filter in the GUI ... I have no problems.

Thanks,
Brian

Maynard, Chris wrote:
Any thoughts..??
My first thought was, "I guess you forgot to include the error." :)

In addition to the error, you might want to include some Wireshark
version information, what OS you're running on and any other information
that you think might be relevant.

By the way, I tried a similar tshark command using Wireshark 1.2.4 on
Windows XP SP3 with no problems.  Maybe you are running an older version
of Wireshark with a known bug that has been fixed, or maybe your
test.pcap file is corrupt or exposes a Wireshark bug, in which case a
bug report might be in order with the attached test.pcap file included
so the core developers can analyze the error and find & fix the bug.

- Chris