Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Hi all

From: R Ranjith kumar <r.ranjithme@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 06:10:36 -0500
Hi all

I want to know how to set time in tshark
just i want to stop capture after some particular seconds

In tshark manual they are using -a option

  -a  <capture autostop condition>
Specify a criterion that specifies when TShark is to stop writing to a capture file. The criterion is of the
form test:value, where test is one of:

duration:value Stop writing to a capture file after value seconds have elapsed.

filesize:value Stop writing to a capture file after it reaches a size of value kilobytes (where a kilobyte is
1024 bytes). If this option is used together with the -b option, Wireshark will stop writing to the current
capture file and switch to the next one if filesize is reached.

files:value Stop writing to capture files after value number of files were written.

but it is confusing me

please help me....with some examples

--
Ranjith Kumar. R