Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] RADIUS dissector changes

From: Armen Vardanian <ArmenV@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 10:54:39 +1000

Hi All,

I opened a bug report (#4096) regarding issues I’ve seen in the duplicate packet detection algorithm for RADIUS packets. I won’t recount the bug notes (I’m guessing it’s “tl;dr”) , but I wanted to get some tips on the best quick and dirty dev environment to setup to get this to a tested patch stage.

I’ve found the actual code segment and I have a logical understanding of what can be changed, but I haven’t previously worked with wireshark code before.

I’m assuming I need:

-          Development Environment (this I’m not so sure about. I’m leaning towards Notepad++, as a lightweight option)

-          Compiler (no idea gcc?)

-          SVN client (thinking tortoiseSVN)

-          Diff tool (WinMerge looks appropriate as it has patch/diff file creation available)

Is there anything else I’d need and is this enough to work on just the radius dissector part? Any pointers on things I need to pay attention to to get things running?

Kind regards,

Armen Vardanian  l  Network/Software Security Consultant  l  inTechnology Distribution
t: +61 7 5657 5053 l m: 0416 050 762 l  f: +61 7 5657 5056
w: http://www.intechnology.com.au l e: armenv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

 cid:image002.gif@01C9EA0B.13B37E40