Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] CMake cache

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 18:06:19 +0100
Stig,

On Sun, Nov 08, 2009 at 06:04:01PM +0100, Stig Bj?rlykke wrote:
> With the latest cmake changes (enable -Werror in r30852) I got some
> problems with illegal arguments to gcc.  It seems like the WS_C_FLAG_
> values are cached and not regenerated when the WIRESHARK_C_FLAGS or
> WIRESHARK_EXTRA_C_FLAGS lists are changed, so the wrong -W arguments
> are added to the project files.
>
> Does anyone know how to add a correct dependency?
>
> I'm using CMake 2.6 patch 4 to generate a XCode project on OSX.

The WS_C_FLAG_xxx values are cached - that's why I had to add that ugly
workaround of using an individual variable for each run in the loop.
What I do not understand is, why this is posing a problem. Or maybe
I do: Did you perhaps only turn off DISABLE_WERROR but not also turn off
ENABLE_EXTRA_GCC_CHECKS?. It's still not completely clear to me how
you produced the problem. It should not be a caching problem, as only
the test for the validity of the options is cached, but not the list
of options to test.
So please explain a bit more what exactly went wrong.

Thanks
      Joerg