Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] How about moving from svn to git?

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 07 Nov 2009 13:37:05 +0100
Joerg Mayer wrote:
Hello,

this is just something that went through my mind yesterday while working
on the third patch on the same files and without a chance to commit
between the patches. If there is one thing that I don't like (although
I do it sometimes) is to do a commit that does several things at once.
With git, I could commit each patch (which is done locally) and eventually
push all commits to the central repository while maintaing the indivitual
character of the commits.
I don't like git very much, but that's what various projects I'm tracking
use, so that's why I propose the use of git. Also - if I'm not mistaken -
some people seem to use tortoise and that tool seems to have git support.

 Ciao
    Joerg

Hi,

Maybe you could whip up a Wiki page on it. It could cover ideas on: repository storage, clients (Win/X11/OSX/text), roles (users/developers/core/buildbot), migration, release management, etc. Maybe not all that new, but to put it in context for the git newbees.

Thanks,
Jaap