Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Optimization - accumulative filters?

From: yami <yamisoe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 23:48:07 +0800
I once implemented a quite usable prototype with similar idea, but more general.

You may be interested in it:
  http://wiki.wireshark.org/Development/FastFiltering

(Oooh, I have not update the patch for a long time...)

On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 1:45 AM, Sake Blok <sake@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Would it also be "easily" possible with the new packet list to freeze the displayed packets in a view. One could then have multiple views in a dropdown list (with "whole file" as a default view). Then the next display filter entered will work on the view, instead of the whole file. That would be really reallu useful :-) But... I haven't digged into the new packet list yet to know whether I'm now opening up cool posibilities or just wishing for myracles ;-)

Cheers,

Sake