Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Porting Ethereal dissectors to Wireshark

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 13:49:41 -0700

On Oct 29, 2009, at 7:47 PM, Bill Meier wrote:

(The real issue is migrating a plugin from 0.99.0 to current and not
specifically about anything to do with the change from Ethereal to
Wireshark).

(...given that the change from Ethereal to Wireshark was just a name change - it's the same software, with the same development team, just with a different name. The changes to the software between the first release that had the name Wireshark, and Wireshark 1.2.x, are probably at least as great as, if not greater than, the changes to the software between the last release made with the name Ethereal and the first release made with the name Wireshark.)