Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Porting Ethereal dissectors to Wireshark

From: Gustavo <gupa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 16:21:07 -0700 (PDT)
Hi everybody,
I'm trying to port some dissectors from Ethereal to Wireshark plugins. They work  and build without any problems in Ethereal (version 0.99.0) but when I try to separate and build them in Wireshark I have a lot of linking (unresolved symbol) problems. It seems like that functions/data structures in ethereal files (and needed and included by the dissectors) have been removed or renamed in the corresponding Wireshark files (usually located under the epan directory).
If I import in the plugin the Ethereal version of the included files I can build some plugins (for others there are too many files to import).

Is it so difficult to port a dissector from Ethereal to Wireshark? Reading the code they seems quite similar. Am I doing something wrong? Is there any guide dedicated to the transition from Ethereal to Wireshark?

Thank you in advance,