Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Dissector being called with tree != NULL in the middle of th

From: David Aggeler <david_aggeler@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 22:01:51 +0200

>>A dissector is expected to be able to handle being called with tree null or non-null at any point;

Thanks for the clarification. I guess when I started I did not understand the readme.developer note on this topic. Now I do :-/
Would this mean, that this feature is mainly for single packet protocols or would named data sources solve this problem?

If so, any direction to a reference example would be appreciated.
I've read your Sharkfest 08 presentation and it sounds promising, but I didn't master it yet.

David