Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] compile error on winXP
From: Guy Harris <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 16:47:13 -0700
On Oct 20, 2009, at 3:49 PM, Josef Frühwirth wrote:

A:    I followed instructions on
http://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsdg_html_chunked/ChSetupWin32.html
A': You probably checked out the SVN source as of a revision between
r30641 and r30648
D: nmake -f Makefile.nmake all fails with output:
You missed

packet-dcerpc-netlogon.c(6822) : fatal error C1017: Ungültiger Ausdruck für Ganzzahlkonstante
Can anybody suggest a possible reason of the error?
Revision r30641 added "#if HAVE_KERBEROS", but HAVE_KERBEROS isn't
#defined as an integral constant.
Fortunately, revision r30649 changed it to "#ifdef HAVE_KERBEROS",
which is what it's supposed to be.
(We make no guarantee that an arbitrary SVN revision on the main
branch will compile; the buildbot catches stuff that doesn't compile
on the platforms for which we have buildbot slaves, which includes
Win32 and Win64, but it doesn't prevent something that doesn't compile
from being checked in, it just complains when it doesn't compile, so
that people know it needs to be fixed.)