Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] compile error on winXP

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 16:47:13 -0700

On Oct 20, 2009, at 3:49 PM, Josef Frühwirth wrote:

A:    I followed instructions on
http://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsdg_html_chunked/ChSetupWin32.html

A': You probably checked out the SVN source as of a revision between r30641 and r30648

D: nmake -f Makefile.nmake all fails with output:

You missed

packet-dcerpc-netlogon.c(6822) : fatal error C1017: Ungültiger Ausdruck für Ganzzahlkonstante

Can anybody suggest a possible reason of the error?

Revision r30641 added "#if HAVE_KERBEROS", but HAVE_KERBEROS isn't #defined as an integral constant.

Fortunately, revision r30649 changed it to "#ifdef HAVE_KERBEROS", which is what it's supposed to be.

(We make no guarantee that an arbitrary SVN revision on the main branch will compile; the buildbot catches stuff that doesn't compile on the platforms for which we have buildbot slaves, which includes Win32 and Win64, but it doesn't prevent something that doesn't compile from being checked in, it just complains when it doesn't compile, so that people know it needs to be fixed.)