Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 30579: /trunk/epan/ /trunk/epan/: em

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 11:12:20 -0400
Joerg Mayer wrote:
On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 09:36:45PM +0000, morriss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
 Introduce an optional (ep_ and se_) memory scrubber.  When activated (export
 WIRESHARK_DEBUG_SCRUB_MEMORY to turn it on) this function initializes all
 allocated memory to 0xBADDCAFE and all freed memory to 0xDEADBEEF.  (Of course
 the allocation functions like ep_alloc0() re-initialize the allocated memory
 back to 0.)

There seems to be an increasing nunmber of variables that ssem to be lacking
documentation. How about adding them to the manpage(s)?

These environment variables are targeted mainly at developers looking at/debugging memory issues. Do they really belong in the (user-oriented) man pages?