Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] T-Shark Cross Compilation issue

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 15:32:06 -0700

On Oct 16, 2009, at 2:29 PM, Jeff Morriss wrote:

Re-arranging the code as I suggested at least /seems/ to work, but:
	- I can't attempt to cross-compile
	- (and) it hadn't occurred to me that the ustar thing wouldn't work
with that change

The ustar stuff seems to work - at least on my OS X 10.5.8 system.

I've checked into the main branch a change to move the AC_CANONICAL_xxx calls after AC_INIT and to un-comment the AC_CANONICAL_TARGET call. If that survives the Buildbot, and fixes cross-compilation (or, at least, fixes the cross-compilation problems with lemon) we might want to backport that to the 1.2.x branch.

The person who asked the original question might want to try the cross- compilation with the next tarball from the buildbot; that's not necessarily a version he'd want to use in production, but he'd at least be able to indicate whether the build succeeded - or, at least, got past the problem with lemon - and, if so, we can backport that change to the 1.2 branch and, if that doesn't fix the problem, work on fixing the remaining problems.