Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Redirecting Wireshark output through a socket

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 16:56:26 +0200

On 16 okt 2009, at 14:23, Peter Ross <pross@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Da: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
What exactly do you want to feed into the other tool?

Possibly XML (pdml).

[...]

digging Wireshark code to find the best place (and way) to insert the
socket part, but first I was wondering if someone already had the same problem, as it seems a common issue for using Wireshark with commercial
sw.

Why sockets? Wireshark already provides a stable plugin API.

-- Peter
(A907 E02F A6E5 0CD2 34CD 20D2 6760 79C5 AC40 DD6B)

... but that exposes your commercial application to the GPL. I assume that is not the intention.

Thanx,
Jaap