Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Redirecting Wireshark output through a socket

From: Gustavo <gupa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 00:50:09 -0700 (PDT)
Hello everybody.

I was asked to study a way for communicating between Wireshark and a commercial tool in Windows. Wireshark should analyze network traffic, dissect it and pass (part of) it to the commercial tool for further analysis and statistics.
The FAQ (Q 1.9) recommends to use a socket or a pipe and I was thinking to use the socket. Reading this mailing list and other websites I've found people using a socket to redirect their application's output to the Wireshark input but not, as I'd like, the opposite.
Do you know any example of Wireshark code  using a socket to "export" the output? Otherwise can you advise me what part of Wireshark is more convenient to modify for adding a socket?I've already downloaded and built Wireshark code and played a bit with dissectors.