Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] mingw for plugin developement

From: gmail <angelo70@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 15:41:43 +0200
Can be useful probably to add in "Common Problems" that the

"cannot load the module"

can be due also to the fact that the dll plugin must be build in "Release" mode, since Debug cause the issue too.

Regards,
Angelo

Balint Reczey ha scritto:
Hi Angelo,

Try Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition, it's free.
http://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsdg_html_chunked/ChToolsMSChain.html

Cheers,
Balint

gmail wrote:
Hello All,

i ha ve developed a dissector, using gcc on windows (mingw). Wireshark says that cannot load the module, i read already the FAQs. So is there any chance to have this mingw dll loadable ? I will not install any M$ payment / cracked M$VC or similar in my PC, and also think that opensource development should keep away from payment stuff.

It any suggestion, many thanks
Regards,
Angelo