Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] UAT and Apply Callback

From: "Bryant Eastham" <beastham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 10:57:43 -0600
Jeff Morriss wrote:
> The K12xx dissector uses a UAT preference and applying changes to its
> UAT preference takes effect immediately.  It appears that registering
> UAT preference involves defining a callback function that is called
when
> the preference is applied/updated.

> Is that registered callback you're referring to?  Or do you mean the
> proto_reg_handoff function

I checked the K12 dissector and couldn't find anything different from
what I am doing.

The callback that doesn't seem to be called is passed in
prefs_register_protocol. The K12 dissector doesn't use that callback,
and so it must be using some other method to apply its changes.

I should clarify that the changes are "applied" to the data structures
in question (and the callbacks associated with each UAT are being
called). The problem is that Wireshark doesn't reprocess the packets as
it does when I change other properties.

Thanks for your response - we will see if others can illuminate this
mystery.

-Bryant