Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] UAT and Apply Callback

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 11:35:50 -0400
Bryant Eastham wrote:
Is it true that there is no way to have changes to UAT preferences cause the registered callback to occur?

I have looked through the code, and it seems pretty clear that prefs_changed is not set by UAT, and that there are no external ways to set the flag. It also seems clear that the definition of module_t is not meant for external consumption (defined in an internal header).

I don't know much about UAT [which is why I didn't respond to your first email ;-)], but...

The K12xx dissector uses a UAT preference and applying changes to its UAT preference takes effect immediately. It appears that registering a UAT preference involves defining a callback function that is called when the preference is applied/updated.

Is that registered callback you're referring to? Or do you mean the proto_reg_handoff function?