Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] UAT and Apply Callback
From: Jeff Morriss <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 11:35:50 -0400
Bryant Eastham wrote:
Is it true that there is no way to have changes to UAT preferences cause the registered callback to occur?
I have looked through the code, and it seems pretty clear that
prefs_changed is not set by UAT, and that there are no external ways to
set the flag. It also seems clear that the definition of module_t is not
meant for external consumption (defined in an internal header).
I don't know much about UAT [which is why I didn't respond to your first
email ;-)], but...
The K12xx dissector uses a UAT preference and applying changes to its
UAT preference takes effect immediately.  It appears that registering a
UAT preference involves defining a callback function that is called when
the preference is applied/updated.
Is that registered callback you're referring to?  Or do you mean the
proto_reg_handoff function?